Cannot connect Panel Plus to the 1500-OEM / 3000-OEM through a serial port.
The most common issue is that TX and RX lines are not connected properly.
- Ensure that the serial port is configured properly using Panel Plus. The serial port should be set for SIGHTLINE PROTOCOL (and not passthrough, or similar).
- Check the Baud rate is set to 57600.
- Add a NULL adapter between the SLA system and the host PC.
- You can also swap pins 2 and 3 on your DB9 connector.
- Verify you are connected to one of the RS-232 level serial ports and not the 3.3V serial port available on many of the adapter boards.
See the startup user guides for details on connecting to the serial port.