Why can't I connect Panel Plus to my 1500-OEM/3000-OEM through a serial port?
- The most common issue is that TX and RX lines are not connected properly.
- Ensure that the serial port is configured properly using Panel Plus - Serial port should be set for SIGHTLINE PROTOCOL (and not pass-through, or similar)
- Check the Baud rate is set to 57600.
- Add a NULL adapter between the SLA system and your PC.
- Alternatively you can swap pins 2 and 3 on your DB9 connector.
- Verify you are connected to one of the RS-232 level serial ports and not the 3.3V serial port available on many of the adapter boards
See the startup user guide for details on connecting with the serial port.